Ich liebe die Sprachen und die Menschen.
I love languages and people.
Hi, my name is Jana. Nice to meet you. I'm a native German speaker living in Stuttgart, Germany. As a state-certified translator and copy editor I have a great love for languages and the written word. That's why I have been working as a copy editor for 15 years now. In 2017, I decided to focus on what I love 100% and started my own freelance business, providing translation, transcreation and copy editing services.
As there are so many fascinating languages out there, I studied English and Italian and later trained to become a
state-certified EN-DE translator. I travel a lot and tried (and am trying) to learn other languages as well – from French to Swedish and Arabic – because I consider languages to be a door-opener to foreign cultures, hearts and minds and a way of showing respect. I also love reading
(surpise!), particularly political, economic and philosophical non-fiction, and as someone working with content and ideas you always have to be up to date. As translation is for the curious and open-minded, I consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I do. I'm also into photography.
Besides languages, books and conversations, the camera to me is a means of getting to know the world from different
Last but not least some 'hard facts' about me:
– Freelance copy editor and state-certified EN-DE translator, specialising in business & marketing translations and transcreation
– Member of the German Federation of Translators and Interpreters (BDÜ) and the American Translators Association (ATA)
– Spent some time working and studying in the US and Italy
– Working experience as a copy editor and project manager at various publishing houses in the fields of business and education
– University diploma in English and Italian Literature , Applied Linguistics and Business Administration
– Born in Frankfurt, Germany, I now live in the sunny city of Stuttgart (my gateway to southern Europe and beyond!)
Now you got to know me (a bit). I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your language projects.
(CV and references available on request)