Ich liebe die Sprachen und die Menschen.
I love languages and people.
Amo le lingue e la gente.
Hello, my name is Jana. I'm a native German speaker living in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm a state-certified translator, and as such I have a great love for languages and the written word. That's why I have been working as an editor for over 10 years now. In 2017 I decided to focus on what I love 100% and started my own freelance business, providing both editing and translation services.
As there are so many fascinating languages out there, I studied English and Italian and later trained to become a
state-certified EN-DE translator. I travel a lot and I also speak a little French and Arabic because I consider languages to
be a door-opener to foreign cultures, hearts and minds and a way of showing respect. I also love reading (surpise!), particularly political, economic and philosophical non-fiction, and as
someone working with content and ideas you always have to be up to date. I'm also into photography. Besides languages, books and conversations, the camera is to me a means of getting to know the world from different perspectives. As translation is for the curious and open-minded, I consider
myself very lucky to work in that profession.
Last but not least some 'hard facts' about me:
– Freelance editor, copywriter and state-certified EN-DE translator, specialising in business and economics translations
– Spent some time working and studying in the US and Italy
– Working experience as an editor and project manager at various German publishing houses in the fields of business and education
– University diploma in English and Italian Literature and Applied Linguistics as well as Business Administration
– Born in Frankfurt, Germany, I now live in the sunny city of Stuttgart (my gateway to southern Europe!)
Now you got to know me (a bit). I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning about your language projects.
(CV and references available on request)