Ich liebe die Sprachen und die Menschen.
I love languages and people.
Amo le lingue e la gente.
Hello, my name is Jana. I'm a native German speaker living in Stuttgart, Germany. I'm a state-certified translator, and as such I have a great love for languages and the written word. That's why I have been working as an editor for over 10 years now. In 2017 I decided to focus on what I love 100% and started my own freelance business, providing both editing and translation services.
Since there are so many fascinating languages out there, I studied English and Italian and am currently training to become a state-certified EN-DE translator. I travel a lot and I also speak a little French and Arabic because I think languages are a door-opener to foreign cultures, hearts and minds and a way of showing respect for people. I also love reading (surpise!), especially political and economic non-fiction because as someone working with texts you have to keep up to date, of course), and photography. Besides languages, the camera to me is a means of getting to know the world from different perspectives.
Some facts about me:
– Freelance editor, copywriter and state-certified EN-DE translator, specialising in business translations
– Spent some time working and studying in the US and Italy
– Working experience as an editor and project manager at various German publishing houses in the fields of business and education
– University diploma in English and Italian Literature and Applied Linguistics as well as Business Administration
– precise, professional, easy to work with
Now you got to know me (a bit). I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning about your language projects!
(CV and references available on request)