Ich liebe die Sprachen und die Menschen.
I love languages and people.
Amo le lingue e la gente.
Hello, my name is Jana. I'm a native German speaker living in Stuttgart, Germany. As a state-certified translator I have a great love for languages and the written word. That's why I have been working as an editor for over 10 years now. In 2017 I decided to focus on what I love 100% and started my own freelance business, providing both editing and translation services.
As there are so many fascinating languages out there, I studied English and Italian and later trained to become a
state-certified EN-DE translator. I travel a lot and I also speak a little French and Arabic as I consider languages to be a
door-opener to foreign cultures, hearts and minds and a way of showing respect. I also love reading (surpise!), particularly political, economic and philosophical non-fiction, and as
someone working with content and ideas you always have to be up to date. As translation is for the curious and open-minded, I
consider myself very lucky to be able to do what I do!
I'm also into photography. Besides languages, books and conversations, the camera to me
is a means of getting to know the world from different perspectives.
Last but not least some 'hard facts' about me:
– Freelance editor, copywriter and state-certified EN-DE translator, specialising in business & marketing translations and transcreation
– Spent some time working and studying in the US and Italy
– Working experience as an editor and project manager at various German publishing houses in the fields of business and education
– University diploma in English and Italian Literature , Applied Linguistics and Business Administration
– Born in Frankfurt, Germany, I now live in the sunny city of Stuttgart (my gateway to southern Europe!)
Now you got to know me (a bit). I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning about your language projects.
(CV and references available on request)